Aw yes in the words of those cute 'lil creatures in the movies Madagascar that's what happened on Saturday at Tiera's Birthday party.
A total of eleven children were in attendance. Imagine eleven bundles of pent up energy expecting lots of action, candy and CAKE CAKE CAKE! Oh and some ice cream. The adults put on brave faces and quietly prayed that the party would go by quickly. The games were fun... my favorite was the mummy game where you use every roll of toilet paper in the house to wrap up a child and then let them shred it up and use it as confetti. (We had 4 teams) WHEE!!
This Saturday was very busy because not only did Tiera have a birthday party but there was also a hostess tea for her to go to right after the party. She is going to be a hostess at the church's Princess Tea in March.
Well she didn't make it to the tea so Nanny went for her. When I returned, I was expecting to see everyone gone. The party was scheduled to be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. I was shocked to find guests still rocking out! Their parents hadn't come to get them.
On Friday night Tiera had two friends spend the night and those two friends had not been picked up by their parents. 5 o'clock rolls by, 6 o'clock passes... where are those parents? Also one of Tobie's friends and her two daughters was still there. Carlos and Tobie kept calling the girls parents - no answer. Finally they get a phone call - COLLECT- from the county jail in Belton. It seems one mom ran into some trouble. She is the babysitter of the other little girl who spent the night with Tiera.
Now what? Tobie is exhausted, her friend is still here, Carlos is not looking very happy, the girls are still in the groove, Nanny is in prayer mode. We were thinking we might have to call the police, another COLLECT phone call from Belton- contacts are made, and everyone goes home around seven o'clock. Thank You Jesus!
Aww the wonderful sound of silence.
Next party there will be rules about drop off parents and sleep overs. Know what I mean?
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Us
- Moving Forward
- We believe in longvity... 37 years married,laughing,music traveling,and enjoying our kids and their kids and our two dogs- Howie and Sammie.
2 comments:
What in the world??? Now that is something you don't hear very often. Poor Tobie, I'm sure she was wiped out. The party sounds fantastic, though!! I'm glad she had a good time.
That's awesome! I bet Tobie had her angry eyes on!!!
Post a Comment