Wednesday, September 16, 2009

After School Pickup-the Hoppty

Lorren just posted something on facebook that reminded me of something which happened when she and Tobie and maybe Mona were in high school. I was working at a daycare in Killeen and the Director had borrowed my little blue truck and hadn't returned it. It was time to go to the high school and pick up the girls so she let me use the big school van. You know, the one with the big children painted on the sides and Happy Child/Little Angels written in really big letters on the sides. I think it was a 15 passenger van. The girls were not aware of my mode of transportation.

Anyways, just picture the looks and reactions of my girls when I drove around the corner and parked in front of the high school to pick them up in front of everyone. Ha! so funny. They called that van the Hoopty.

Hee hee... mom's revenge?

1 comment:

Lorren Says... said...

Oh I remember that all right!! Now it's hilarious....not so much back then!

About Us

My photo
We believe in longvity... 37 years married,laughing,music traveling,and enjoying our kids and their kids and our two dogs- Howie and Sammie.