Monday, August 22, 2011

Well What Do You Know...

It is time to dust off this blog.

This summer has been very busy, not to mention HOT, HOT, HOT!
Regardless of the heat, RonLinda have been busy.

It seems that we as a couple, now have a new reality. Life can change so quickly. One day we are going merrily on our way, and then BUMP! life changes. Oh, we are still moving forward, still living, still enjoying life, just adjusting to changes. Without getting "preachy" Ephesians 2:10 speaks about us being God's own handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus. that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live.] I can only speak for myself, in that sometimes I forget Who is really in charge of my life, and it isn't me.

For me personally, part of my college career has come to an end. Meaning that I have completed what the Lord instructed me to do, and that was to "finish the Math". I accomplished that by taking and passing, in some cases, taking a class several times, three levels of developmental math and then this summer, College Algebra. It is amazing, exciting, breathtaking and very satisfying for me. To think that what was a giant impossible challenge to me has become past history! . I am very thankful to the Lord for strengthening me and for having confidence in me to do this. As my brothers and sisters will testify to, Math has never been a strength in our family. But it is indeed true that ALL things are possible to the Lord and to those who believe. He just needs us to trust Him and take a step, make a move, have confidence and believe that His Word never changes, and that He will never leave us or forsake us. Having said all that, I am not finished with my education. Perhaps the hard part is over.

The BUMP, and perhaps the new reality, occurred July 29, when Ron was laid off of work. We are by no means "Spring Chickens", nor are we really ready for retirement. It is interesting and disturbing how people our age are viewed. Being 60 is pretty cool, we are now eligible for Social Security, AARP, Viagra, and Senior Living Homes. All I can say to that is BOLOGNA! This Baby Boomer isn't finished yet! In fact, I am just getting started. So don't be planning my funeral or retirement. Please refer to Ephesians 2:10, and Psalm 103: 1-5. Pay close attention to verse 5 which states "Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]! Yea God! This other thinking is worldly, carnal thinking and has no place in my life. Jesus paid the price for me (and you) so that we might have life and that abundantly.

Having said all that:

I have applied for my Social Security, which isn't a large amount, but still is my money. Ron will look for a job after we return from our trip in Ohio. He is also thinking of applying for his Social Security. I'll let you know.

Finally:
Howie was scheduled for surgery today to remove a tumor that has been growing on his eye. We kept putting off taking him to the vet, due to money availability, but today he was scheduled to have the surgery. The surgery has been postponed due to the result of blood work. It seems that Howie was bit by a lyme tick which passed on Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichiosis, which are in his blood. His red cell count is a bit low. The vet gave us two options. First was to proceed with the operation, which at Howie's age(12 yrs.) could be risky or second-to postpone surgery and put Howie on a antibiotic called Doxycycline for two weeks. After that he will be tested again, and surgery scheduled. I told Ron we need to have a separate account just to take care of the dogs.

Alright, I think I have come to a stopping place. Big hug and kiss to you.

2 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

Wow...poor Howie! Does that mean he has Lyme disease?

This is a great post. I see your "retirement" as not giving anything up but a new stage in life...and more time to come visit us! Yay!

Congrats on your success in math! Love you!

Moving Forward said...

It isn't Lyme disease. The vet said on the blood test, Howie was clear for heart worm but there were two markers showing those two diseases and they come from ticks and that Howie's red blood cell count was a little low. Howie is on that antibiotic for thirty days.

About Us

My photo
We believe in longvity... 37 years married,laughing,music traveling,and enjoying our kids and their kids and our two dogs- Howie and Sammie.