I was telling you about our visit to Mom and Kathie's house. I want you to know that there is no short cut to where Kathie lives or back to my house. It does not exist. The only way to get there or back home is just to drive or fly.
After we left Kathie's house we should have just returned to highway 281 but no not Linda. Linda wanted something to eat. So her sweet hubby turned left on Purgatory road to head to Burger King. Which took us out of the way to highway 281. The only smart thing to do was to get on I35. Remember that we are in a ancient van and even at a fast speed cars and trucks were passing us like we were standing still. Ron wanted to avoid the Austin traffic so we took the Johnson City exit. What we didn't realize, well maybe Ron did but I didn't, was that Johnson City was a hour's drive-and THEN getting on 281 to head up and over to Copperas Cove. It was sooo hot. Flames, flames shooting from the side of my head. A line from the movie Clue. That hamburger cost us extra time and I promise that from now on ... well.. I can't promise I won't be hungry.
The moral of the story is... any decision that is made always has consequences-good or bad. Make sure that you know exactly what you want to do before getting on a busy road full of cars and you can't find a way to turn around, finding yourself stuck headed in a direction which you didn't really want to go. Actually when the first opportunity comes to turn around-TAKE IT. Don't keep driving. That's just silly.
Amen.

3 comments:
Glad you are blogging again! Sorry you had to drive down in that oven of a van. I've ridden in non-AC vans before and it's terrible!! Love you!
No, there is not many places to eat around there. Best thing to do is drive to Blanco or Johnson city and eat there.
Hi faithful readers! Lesson learned and big time. Why is it that Kathie's house seems to take longer to get to now?
Post a Comment