Tis the season to be jolly.... well at least that's what the song suggests. Jiggle bells, my nerves are frayed, I gotta have that dish! I'm being sarcastic of course but the mood at the stores has been pretty intense. Especially since all the news reports that everyone is broke and destitute. We all know that isn't entirely true. Yes for some it is, but alot of us are really being blessed.
Actually I'm sort of glad things have come apart at the seams. I don't wish hard times on anyone, but we all go through them. The good news is that Jesus said He would never leave or forsake us and that yes, we would surely have tribulation but to rejoice because He has overcome the darkness. So my suggestion is get closer to the Lord and stay close. Now is the time to really pay attention to the Lord and what He has to say and obey!
Another point I need to make is... be kind one to another. Love thy neighbor. I have alot of neighbors especially when I go out to WalMart or HEB. I have noticed some people would rather look away from me and avoid eye contact while there are others who respond with a smile. I like to watch people, what they do, how they walk and act when they think no one is looking.
I was in WalMart waiting for my husband and I was observing the people. I would look at their faces and wonder-"Lord does he/she know You?" Some I knew for sure did but others it was obvious something wasn't right.
And we are just a dot in this world sort of like the story of Horton Hears A Who. How in the world are we going to reach the whole world, every person with the Good News?
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- Moving Forward
- We believe in longvity... 37 years married,laughing,music traveling,and enjoying our kids and their kids and our two dogs- Howie and Sammie.
No comments:
Post a Comment